Friday, January 30, 2015

second reflection of the puzzle cube

It's extremely important to model an idea before you make the final drafts for a couple of reasons. To start, you have to have a solid concept of what you are going design, and you have to follow the design process. Making sure you have a good concept allows you to help fully envision your product and allow others to know what you are designing. Another important thing about modeling is making sure your measurements are both accurate and precise. Also making sure that your measurements all are all in the same unit (preferably centimeters). I think I enjoyed about crafting this puzzle was watching other people struggle in the attempt of putting my 5 pieces into a 3 by 3 cube. I also enjoyed the length and complexity of this project. One thing I would change is possibly thinking of a more complex cube (even though some people couldn't solve it). I wish i had clamps to make my parts more accurate in their designed shape. This would of allowed the pieces to fit better and keep the shape of the desired part. The clamps would also allow the blocks to have a good hold with each other, because with wear and use, they hold of the cubes could likely deteriorate. Otherwise, I really enjoyed building these cubes. The process of building the blocks took more time, and as a result putting it together looked better than the package. The package didn't look so good because it was rapid fire and I didn't have all the needed materials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment